Sunday, June 12, 2011

Changes in My Life - Bucket List

I have sat day by day wondering what changes I need to make in my life. Should I lose weight and how much, should I take marriage classes or better yet parenting classes...how can I be a better person, wife and mother? All these questions I have laid at the feet of GOD. Praying about it on a daily basis as should anyone...Only HE has the right answers at the right moment of time...

The answer is YES to it all BUT the only way I KNOW I can accomplish anything is through HIM.

Today HE gave me an answer to a question that has weighed on my mind for the past couple of years...
So I was looking on my Facebook page and saw pictures that my pastor's wife posted about Burundi, where they are serving right now, and my heart is just yearning to go so badly. Should I save up money and serve with the Batwha? Then a calmness and warmth came through me...YES...I want to help them build a home, give these children a BIG HUG because they deserve it. I don't care if I get dirty day by day or become sore because I worked...just the fact I went, served and experienced that is all I want. Have them teach me someone and visa versa...Really they will be teaching me :-) What person doesn't want to experience something like this? Yes I would hate to be away from my family BUT I will come back with a new perspective on life...a change that I need at this time.

So I guess I will be saving some money, and hopefully I will make it to Burundi in 2012. Surprisingly that is a small weight off my shoulders...

One of the MANY ways we can lose weight, check things off your Bucket List...

No comments:

Post a Comment