Monday, June 6, 2011

New Healthy Begining

June 2011 is a NEW month for myself and my family. Gotta eat healthier and get motivated even in this kinda heat (104 seriously lol) to get out and moving! Gotta be a good role model for my kiddos :-)
Ate a pretty good lunch, grilled chicken, salad with cucumbers and light on the dressing...Now if only I can break my Starbucks and Cola habit (yeah that may take a while lol)
BUT I have to say I am SUPER excited to be meeting NEW positive friends/moms like me who sometime will fail and even with that we are still human and still can cross the finish line :-)
GOAL = get this giggle to tone, lose some weight and be in good shape
Follow me and cheer me on! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Exactly- we're all human and fail, but together, we can cross that line. So, here we go.
    I'm @ihavetohaveyou on twitter, tweet at me anytime you need some support, or even just want to say hi! :)

    http://neverwithoutgrace.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a journey of learning new habits. I doubt the cola and Starbucks will be overnight but you start with baby steps. For example, how is your water consumption?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda I surely will :-)

    Kia that is my problem I maybe drink 8 oz a day...never have been fan of water though I know I NEED it...I have been a soda 'addict' since I was like 7 yrs old, then Startbucks came along and I drink that like 2-3 times a week. I tried cutting it out cold turkey but I had massive headaches and a UTI to follow it...so I think I might start off snail slow and take one coke away each week (my coke consumption is like 4-6 a day) and replace that with one or two bottles of water each day.

    Thank you both for the help and support...I TRULY appreciate it...I know that with this kind of sisterhood I can reach my goals successfully :-) BIG SISTER HUG from me to you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do this! I kicked my soda habit last year. Now they are a treat and oh do they taste different now! I was a one a day (at least) soda girl back then. I went 8 weeks with limiting myself to 1 a week. I generally saved it for Friday or Saturday night. Now I just don't want them much. You CAN do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Start small by weaning yourself off the caffeine. I have to remind myself that baby steps make a difference! best of luck to you this week!

    ReplyDelete